Tutoring takes place on days when classes are in session according to the languages/schedules below. Be sure to review this page prior to attending a tutoring session as schedules are subject to change with advance notice.
- Tuesdays, 4:00 — 6:00p.m.
- Wednesdays, 4:30 — 5:00p.m.
Location: 2nd floor lobby of Withers Hall.
Additional Resources: See recommended French grammar links.
Free tutoring sessions are available for Lower-Division Spanish only (that is, FLS 101, 102, 105/110, 201).
- Monday, 11:30a.m. — 3:00p.m.
- Tuesday, 2:00 — 3:00p.m. (Virtual tutoring only, via Google Hangouts)
- Wednesday, 11:00a.m. — 3:00p.m.
- Thursday, 10:00 —11:00a.m.
- Friday 9:30 —10:30a.m.
- Virtual tutoring available via Google Hangouts during the above schedule, if you are not on campus.
Location: Withers Second Floor Lounge; tutor will have "Spanish Tutoring" card on the table
- Drop-in sessions, first come, first served
- Small groups of students in same course may be tutored at the same time
- If there are multiple students at a session, the tutor will address individual questions rotating between all students present including those accessing a session via Google Hangout.
Expectations: Bring your textbook and homework, in order to be prepared to ask your questions
Tutors: Tutor’s Schedule
Spanish Computer-based Tutorials
- Keyboard Setup - Help with foreign diacritical; Dr. Despain's computing support site
- Plazas 4 Web Page - Heinle Cengage Plazas 4 site
- Plazas 3 Web Page - Heinle & Heinle Plazas 3 Site
- Anki - Flashcard program
- Grammar Exercises Index - Matthew Stroud, PhD - Trinity University
- Spanish Language and Culture - Barbara Cuczun Nelson - Colby College
- CONJUGUEMOS Home Page - Alejandro Yegros (Maestro de español, Weston High School, MA)
- Spanish Language Exercises - Juan Ramón De Arana
- Tell Me More, a software package that assists students in improving their language skills; it is available in the CHASS Laundry (Language and Computer Labs Building) 214 computer lab. http://it.news.chass.ncsu.edu/2015/12/15/tell-me-more/.
- Tal Como Suena - Six Spanish pronunciation modules designed by Gillian Lord, Spanish linguistics professor at the University of Florida.
Additional information for tutoring schedules for lower-division language courses will be posted here as it becomes available. If you have information to be added to this page, please send it to Webmaster.