Tutoring takes place on days when classes are in session according to the languages/schedules below. Be sure to review this page prior to attending a tutoring session as schedules are subject to change with advance notice.
ESL Summer Tutoring
Advanced ESL Conversation and Pronunciation Classes for Summer 2016 will be available from June 1 to July 31:
- Tues. and Wed. 6:00 - 7:30 in Park Shops 215
- Fri. morning from 10:15 - 11:30 in Poe 517
- Cost: Free.
Students can start at any point during the semester.
- Tuesdays, 4:00 — 6:00p.m.
- Wednesdays, 4:30 — 5:00p.m.
Location: 2nd floor lobby of Withers Hall.
Additional Resources: See recommended French grammar links.
Free tutoring sessions are available for Lower-Division Spanish only (that is, FLS 101, 102, 105/110, 201).
Tutoring Schedule Summer Session 2016:
Session I begins Wednesday, May 18. Concludes Friday, June 17.
Session II begins Monday, June 27. Concludes Wednesday, July 27.
- Monday, 12:OO – 2:00
- Tuesday, 12:00 – 2:00
- Wednesday, 12:00 – 2:00
- Thursday, 12:00 – 2:00
Location: Withers Second Floor Lounge; tutor will have "Spanish Tutoring" card on the table
- Drop-in sessions, first come, first served
- Small groups of students in same course may be tutored at the same time
- If there are multiple students at a session, the tutor will address individual questions rotating between all students present. The tutor will work with one student or group no more than 15 minutes at a time if students in other classes are waiting.
Expectations: Bring your textbook and homework, in order to be prepared to ask your questions
Spanish Computer-based Tutorials
- Keyboard Setup - Help with foreign diacritical; Dr. Despain's computing support site
- Plazas 4 Web Page - Heinle Cengage Plazas 4 site
- Plazas 3 Web Page - Heinle & Heinle Plazas 3 Site
- Anki - Flashcard program
- Grammar Exercises Index - Matthew Stroud, PhD - Trinity University
- Spanish Language and Culture - Barbara Cuczun Nelson - Colby College
- CONJUGUEMOS Home Page - Alejandro Yegros (Maestro de español, Weston High School, MA)
- Spanish Language Exercises - Juan Ramón De Arana
- Tell Me More, a software package that assists students in improving their language skills; it is available in the CHASS Laundry (Language and Computer Labs Building) 214 computer lab. http://it.news.chass.ncsu.edu/2015/12/15/tell-me-more/.
- Tal Como Suena - Six Spanish pronunciation modules designed by Gillian Lord, Spanish linguistics professor at the University of Florida.
Additional information for tutoring schedules for lower-division language courses will be posted here as it becomes available. If you have information to be added to this page, please send it to Webmaster.