Dr Valerie A Wust
Associate Professor and Section Coordinator, French
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone: 919-513-0118
Teaching and Research Interests
Second Language Acquisition
Second Language Pedagogy
- The Acquisition of Grammatical Gender in Instructed L2 French
- The Impact of Pedagogical Sequence on Past Tense/Aspect Acquisition in Instructed L2 French
- Adapting American L2 French Textbooks for a Canadian Audience (with Geneviève Maheux-Pelletier of the University of Alberta)
- Oral Comprehension of Clitics by L2 Learners of French
- Wust, V., & Roche, C. The impact of form-focused instruction & awareness activities on L2 learners’ acquisition of grammatical gender in French. The French Review (In press).
- Wust, V., & Book Brown, B. (2012). Teaching the imparfait and passé composé in French: New findings on sequence. The Journal of Linguistics and Language Teaching 3 (2): 285-310.
- (2010). L2 French Learner’s Processing of Object Clitics: Data from the Classroom. L2 Journal 2 (1): 45-72.
- (2010). Pronominalization in French: Bridging the Gap between Research and Practice”. The Journal of Linguistics and language Teaching 1 (1): 75-110.
- (2009). A la recherche des clitiques perdus: The Dictogloss as a Measure of the Comprehension of y and en by L2 learners of French. The Canadian Modern Language Review 65 (3): 471-499.
- (2009). Review of Fanny Forsberg’s 2008 book “Le langage préfabriqué: Formes, fonctions et fréquences en français parlé L2 et L1”. The Canadian Journal of Applied Linguistics 12 (2): 84-85.
- Ph.D. in French Languages, Literatures and Linguistics from University of Alberta, 2006
- M.A. in Applied Linguistics from University of Alberta, 2000
- B.Ed. in French and English from University of Alberta, 1998
- Mon: 3:00-4:30
- Wed: 11:45-1:15
Or By Appointment
- FL 508 - 001Second Language Acquisition Research: Interlanguage Development01:30 - 02:45 M W145 Withers Hall
- FLF 101 - 001Elementary French I10:40 - 11:30 M W F210 Park Shops
- FLF 102 - 001Elementary French II08:30 - 09:20 M W F0G109 Tompkins Hall
- FLF 201 - 001Intermediate French I08:30 - 09:20 M W F130 Withers Hall
- FLF 308 - 001 – SyllabusAdvanced Conversation: Contemporary French Cultures09:35 - 10:25 M W F105 Withers Hall
- FLF 630 - 001Independent Study in FrenchTBA
- FLS 102 - 006Elementary Spanish II10:40 - 11:30 M W F316 Leazar Hall
- FLS 102 - 012Elementary Spanish II12:50 - 01:40 M W F150 Withers Hall