Each certificate supplements your education. It sets you apart from the competition. NC State is one of the only universities that has consistently offered the certification for almost two decades, thanks to a longstanding partnership with Cámara de Comercio de Madrid (Madrid’s Chamber of Commerce) and the Universidad Alcalá de Henares.
The certificates are not only available to NC State students, they’re offered to the whole community. So you can earn a certificate before graduation – or after you’ve worked for a while and want to re-energize your career.
Earn a certificate in:
- Health Sciences – students interested in pursuing a career in the medical field become even more marketable if they’re fluent in Spanish.
- Spanish Business – business minors and majors expand their career horizons by receiving a world-renowned certificate.
- Spanish Tourism – parks and recreation majors practically have the world at their fingertips if they speak Spanish and understand other cultures.
Elizabeth Medlin, Spanish Business Certified
“I decided to become certified by the Madrid Chamber of Commerce Spanish Business certificate because I wanted to show prospective employers that I can use Spanish in the workforce. My certification proves that my Spanish skills will be an asset to any company. When studying for the exam, I was surprised to see how much my Spanish improved during the process. Prof. Gray was also extremely helpful when I had questions; I was always welcome to her office hours anytime. Overall, I am very pleased that I made the effort to become Spanish Business Certified.”
Once you’ve decided to pursue a certificate, you’ll need to take the following steps:
- Take note of deadlines and register on time. You must register in advance of the exam.
- Pay a registration fee. The certification costs approximately $150, but this amount can change due to European conversion rates.
- You’ll also need a copy of your personal ID. Show up at the correct time and place to take the exam. The certificate is offered twice a year – typically in April and November.
From start to finish, you’ll have plenty of help when it comes to earning a certificate. Ana Gray, the NC State faculty director for the Spanish certificates, is a dedicated liaison who can answer your questions, help you register for the course and point you in the right direction when it’s time to start preparing. You’ll also have access to a special reserve section of reference materials at NC State’s library as well as sample practice exams to get you comfortable with the test-taking process.
For more information on earning a certificate, please contact Ana Gray.