Tutoring takes place on days when classes are in session according to the languages/schedules below. Be sure to review this page prior to attending a tutoring session as schedules are subject to change with advance notice.
- Tuesdays, 4:00 — 6:00p.m.
- Wednesdays, 4:30 — 5:00p.m.
Location: 2nd floor lobby of Withers Hall.
Additional Resources: See recommended French grammar links.
Free tutoring sessions are available for students in FLS 102, 105, 110 and 201. Students in FLS 101 should see their teaching assistants.
Tutoring Schedule Spring Semester 2017:
Begins Tuesday, January 17
Ends Friday, April 28
- Monday, 12:00 – 2:00pm
- Tuesday, 12:30 – 3:00pm
- Wednesday, 12:30 – 3:00pm
- Thursday, 12:00 – 2:00pm
Location: Withers Second Floor Lounge; tutor will have "Spanish Tutoring" card on the table
- Drop-in sessions, first come, first served
- Small groups of students in same course may be tutored at the same time
- If there are multiple students at a session, the tutor will address individual questions rotating between all students present. The tutor will work with one student or group no more than 15 minutes at a time if students in other classes are waiting.
Spanish Computer-based Tutorials
- Keyboard Setup - Help with foreign diacritical; Dr. Despain's computing support site
- Plazas 4 Web Page - Heinle Cengage Plazas 4 site
- Anki - Flashcard program
- Grammar Exercises Index - Matthew Stroud, PhD - Trinity University
- Spanish Language and Culture - Barbara Cuczun Nelson - Colby College
- CONJUGUEMOS Home Page - Alejandro Yegros (Maestro de español, Weston High School, MA)
- Spanish Language Exercises - Juan Ramón De Arana
- Tell Me More, a software package that assists students in improving their language skills; it is available in the CHASS Laundry (Language and Computer Labs Building) 214 computer lab. http://it.news.chass.ncsu.edu/2015/12/15/tell-me-more/.
- Tal Como Suena - Six Spanish pronunciation modules designed by Gillian Lord, Spanish linguistics professor at the University of Florida.
Additional information for tutoring schedules for lower-division language courses will be posted here as it becomes available. If you have information to be added to this page, please send it to Webmaster.