Tutoring takes place on days when classes are in session according to the languages/schedules below. Be sure to review this page prior to attending a tutoring session as schedules are subject to change with advance notice.
Location: 2nd floor lobby of Withers Hall.
Additional Resources: See recommended French grammar links.
Free tutoring sessions are available for students in FLS 101, 102, 105, 110 and 201. They take place in the Second Floor Withers Lounge, near the main entrance to the building. Look for the sign that says Spanish Tutoring.
Tutoring Schedule Fall Semester 2019
Monday 10:00 - 11:30
Tuesday 2:30 - 4:00
Wednesday 12:00 - 1:30
Thursday 1:30 - 3:00
* Drop-in sessions, first come, first served
* Small groups of students in same course may be tutored at the same time
* If there are multiple students at a session, the tutor will work with a student or students in a particular course at one time, addressing questions and rotating between all students present. The tutor will work with one student or group no more than 15 minutes at a time if students in other classes are waiting.
Expectations: Bring your textbook (electronic or hard copy) in order to be prepared to ask questions. Please refer to the Guidelines for Working with a Tutor on the Spanish Lower Division Policies page.
Spanish Computer-based Tutorials
* Keyboard Setup – Help with foreign diacritical; Dr. Despain's computing support site
* Plazas 4 Web Page - Heinle Cengage Plazas 4 site
* Anki - Flashcard program
* Spanish Language and Culture - Barbara Cuczun Nelson - Colby College
* CONJUGUEMOS Home Page - Alejandro Yegros (Maestro de español, Weston High School, MA)
* Spanish Language Exercises - Juan Ramón De Arana
* Tell Me More, a software package that assists students in improving their language skills; it is available in the CHASS Laundry (Language and Computer Labs Building) 214 computer lab. http://it.news.chass.ncsu.edu/2015/12/15/tell-me-more/.
* Tal Como Suena - Six Spanish pronunciation modules designed by Gillian Lord, Spanish linguistics professor at the University of Florida.
Additional information for tutoring schedules for lower-division language courses will be posted here as it becomes available. If you have information to be added to this page, please send it to Webmaster.