Tutoring takes place on days when classes are in session according to the languages/schedules below. Be sure to review this page prior to attending a tutoring session as schedules are subject to change with advance notice.
- Tuesdays, 4:00 — 6:00p.m.
- Wednesdays, 4:30 — 5:00p.m.
Location: 2nd floor lobby of Withers Hall.
Additional Resources: See recommended French grammar links.
Free tutoring sessions are available for students in FLS 102, 105, 110 and 201. Students in FLS 101 should see their teaching assistants.
Important Note: No summer tutoring
Tutoring Schedule for Fall Semester 2017 will be posted in mid-August
Location: Withers Second Floor Lounge; tutor will have "Spanish Tutoring" card on the table
- Drop-in sessions, first come, first served
- Small groups of students in same course may be tutored at the same time
- If there are multiple students at a session, the tutor will address individual questions rotating between all students present. The tutor will work with one student or group no more than 15 minutes at a time if students in other classes are waiting.
Spanish Computer-based Tutorials
- Keyboard Setup - Help with foreign diacritical; Dr. Despain's computing support site
- Plazas 4 Web Page - Heinle Cengage Plazas 4 site
- Anki - Flashcard program
- Grammar Exercises Index - Matthew Stroud, PhD - Trinity University
- Spanish Language and Culture - Barbara Cuczun Nelson - Colby College
- CONJUGUEMOS Home Page - Alejandro Yegros (Maestro de español, Weston High School, MA)
- Spanish Language Exercises - Juan Ramón De Arana
- Tell Me More, a software package that assists students in improving their language skills; it is available in the CHASS Laundry (Language and Computer Labs Building) 214 computer lab. http://it.news.chass.ncsu.edu/2015/12/15/tell-me-more/.
- Tal Como Suena - Six Spanish pronunciation modules designed by Gillian Lord, Spanish linguistics professor at the University of Florida.
Additional information for tutoring schedules for lower-division language courses will be posted here as it becomes available. If you have information to be added to this page, please send it to Webmaster.